The eyes see only what the mind is ready to comprehend.
Jesus entered Jericho and made his way through the town. There was a man there named Zacchaeus. He was the chief tax collector in the region, and he had become very rich. He tried to get a look at Jesus, but he was too short to see over the crowd. So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree beside the road, for Jesus was going to pass that way. When Jesus came by, he looked up at Zacchaeus and called him by name. “Zacchaeus!” he said. “Quick, come down! I must be a guest in your home today.” Zacchaeus quickly climbed down and took Jesus to his house in great excitement and joy. But the people were displeased. “He has gone to be the guest of a notorious sinner,” they grumbled.
Luke 19:1–7 (NLT)
What Zacchaeus wants is to see Jesus.
What Zacchaeus wasn’t counting on was Jesus seeing him.
How did Jesus see what others didn’t?
He was MINDFUL.
1. Learn to PAUSE your AGENDA.
2. Learn to pay ATTENTION to what OTHERS need.
Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
Philippians 2:3–4 (NLT)
3. Learn to CALM the CHAOS.
Be still, and know that I am God!
Psalm 46:10 (NLT)
Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.
John 8:47 (NIV)
Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.
Psalm 62:5 (NLT)
Loving like Jesus begins with seeing like Jesus.
After The Message
There are several ways to connect with someone today. We know these services can be heavy and we want to give you some different options to connect today.
1) Stop by the Guest Service Kiosk to meet Adam or another member of our staff.
2) Stop by the Next Steps Room after service and a volunteer will be ready to talk and pray with you.
3) Fill out a Connection Card during service, drop it off in the buckets during service or at the Guest Services Kiosk in the lobby and someone will contact you this week.
4) Fill out the Connect portion of corinth.cc and we'll connect with you this week.