Getting Past Your Past - Part Two - How to Forgive Others
WHY SHOULD I FORGIVE?
1. Because I’ve been FORGIVEN and I NEED forgiveness.
“For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.”
Matthew 6:14–15 (NIV)
2. Because UNFORGIVENESS leads to BITTERNESS.
“See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.“
Hebrews 12:15 (N
HOW DO I FORGIVE?
1. Give up the RIGHT to get EVEN.
“Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is
written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.“
Romans 12:19 (NIV)
2. PRAY for those who have hurt you.
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
Matthew 5:43–44 (NIV)
3. FORGIVE as you have been FORGIVEN.
“Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance
against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.“
Colossians 3:13 (NIV)
FORGIVEN people FORGIVE people.
After The Message
There are several ways to connect with someone today. We know these services can be heavy and we want to give you some different options to connect today.
1) Stop by the Guest Service Kiosk to meet Adam or another member of our staff.
2) Stop by the Next Steps Room after service and a volunteer will be ready to talk and pray with you.
3) Fill out a Connection Card during service, drop it off in the buckets during service or at the Guest Services Kiosk in the lobby and someone will contact you this week.
4) Fill out the Connect portion of corinth.cc and we'll connect with you this week.